Testing flexible packaging for leaks
The Stationary Leak Tester has been specially developed for off-line sample testing of flexible packaging. Using this equipment you can manually test packaging that has small amounts of air in it or packaging that contains inert gas. As modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) with a protective atmosphere. These could be packets of grated cheese, nuts, part-cooked bread, coffee pods or pet food.
By carrying out systematic tests for leaks, you minimise the percentage of leaking packaging, prevent complaints about poorly sealed packets and reduce food wastage.
Testing large flexible packaging (MAP’s) for leaks
Testing mid-size flexible packaging (MAP’s) for leaks
The Stationary Leak Tester uses pressure differences to test for leaks. The packaging to be tested is placed between two flexible rubber membranes. After the cover has been closed a deep vacuum is created in the test chamber. Thus a very small test area is created without damaging the packaging. Using this unique method of measurement, you are able to detect both micro-leaks and large leaks, without having to change any settings.
- The Stationary Leak Tester (SLT) can measure a variety of products at the same time, depending on the version and size of the packaging.
- Simple to operate: a green light indicates if the packaging is sound and a red light indicates a leak.
- Identical and different forms of packaging can be tested at the same time.
- When a leak is discovered when testing more than one item at a time, the SLT indicates that a leak is present but not in which particular packaging.
- Due to its size and robustness the Stationary Leak Tester is ideally suited for use in a factory in an industrial environment.
- Within thirty seconds the measuring cycle is completed and leaks detected right down to 10 µm.
- The equipment takes readings according to the Standard Test Method for Non-destructive Detection of Leaks in Packages by Vacuum Decay Method (ASTM F2338).
- The flight case model of the standard Stationary Leak Tester is easy transportable, fitted within a robust carry case.
- The Mobile Leak Tester is easily transported, is impact resistant and can be taken practically anywhere. With this mobile quality measuring equipment, you will quickly gain an insight into the quality of the packaging being tested, wherever in the world you are.
|Types of Oxipack Leak Tester||Dimensions of the packaging to be tested||Features|
|Mobile Leak Tester MLT||Max 18 x 30 x 10 cm||Small device fitted with wheels that can be easily transported in a car or on a plane|
|Stationary Leak Tester SLT-XS||Max 25 x 20 x 10 cm||With a rubber membrane and a hard underside and/or made to measure mould|
|Flightcase Leak Tester FLT-XS||Max 25 x 20 x 10 cm||Flight-case version of the XS|
|Stationary Leak Tester SLT-SS||Specially made for leak testing small sachets|
|Stationary Leak Tester SLT||Max 45 x 30 x 10 cm||With two rubber membranes|
|Flightcase Leak Tester FLT||Max 45 x 30 x 10 cm||Flight-case version of the SLT|
|Stationary Leak Tester SLT XL||Max 60 x 30 x 15 cm||With two rubber membranes|
|Stationary Leak Tester SLT XXXL||Max 90 x 60 x 20 cm||With two rubber membranes|
|Leak Test Dummy||Versions for measuring micro leaks of 50, 25 and 10 mu||Dummy packages with calibrated micro leaks that have been laser-cut into stainless steel|
Can your packaging be tested?
Would you like to know whether your product packaging can be tested for leaks using one of the models in our range? We would be pleased to find out if it can be tested. You just have to request a sample test.
If required Oxipack can design and produce a tailor made leak tester. In doing this we will match the size or design of the mould with the packaging that needs to be tested.
- specialist in non-destructive leak detection
- unique testing method
- years of experience in the packaging industry
- accurate, fast and simple leak test equipment
- advises packaging companies the world over
- customised work if required